Movementech Uses ESRI Software to make our maps
Movementech Thanks ESRI for its continued support of our GIS work. ESRI software enables
citizens to enter into the public policy domain with information, analysis and high quality
presentation materials that level the playing field. ESRI provides excellent grant opportunities
to non-profit organizations willing to make the commitment to build GIS into their work.
How Movementech creates our maps.
We gather data from a wide variety of sources.
- US Census Bureau
- State Department of Education Web Sites
- State Environmental Agencies
- ESRI's DVD map data
- ESRI's Geography Network Archive
- State and Local GIS archives of downloadable gis data
How we use our maps
- Where necessary we convert pdf, xls, or ascii data into dbase tables.
- We join data from dbase tables to ESRI or other Source GIS data using
- We conduct analysis of the data both visually and within tabular processes
- We code new variables into GIS feature tables using visual, manual,
select by feature,
and select by location processes and based on our analysis.
- We generate maps representative of the data and our analysis.
- We generate bar, pie, and other charts representative of our maps and analysis.
- We train our organizational members on how to conduct these processes,
analytical materials and maps and how to present this information
in public forums.
- We train our organizational members and members of other like organizations
on how to
use ESRI granted Software.
- We also use the material we generate to train people on public policy work
and on the
power of GIS as a tool that supports that work.